In our series of four sessions for international students running in both semester one and again in semester two, students discovered how to build their personal brand, craft an effective CV and cover letter for the UK job market and learn all about the nuances and etiquette of the UK workplace – including how to ace that all-important interview!
The final session brought all these skills together in the Assessment Centre Bootcamp.
Missed out? Here is the top takeaway from each session!
Key takeaways from Session 1 – UK Recruitment Process
– Get organised, know your application deadlines
– Sell your skillset as an International Student
– Do something outside your degree
– 100% of session respondents are planning to book further CES sessions!
Key takeaways from Session 2 – CV’s
– Format matters, make your info easy to find
– If you don’t write it, employers can’t read it
– Change your CV for every job application
– Use VMock for written CV feedback
Key takeaways from Session 3 – Interviews
– Know the company and the industry
– Use the STAR technique
– Show you would be a good fit for their team
– Book a mock interview with a Careers Consultant
Key takeaways from Session 4 – Mock Assessment Centre
– Keep to time
– Don’t forget to listen
– Put your phone away
Missed this event? Check out other upcoming events here