PREPARE FOR THE VIRTUAL ELEMENT OF THE SPRING FAIR:
SET UP YOUR VIRTUAL BOOTH AT LEAST TEN DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE FAIR:
- One representative sets up the virtual booth by logging into their MyFuture account and going to “Events & Fairs”>Virtual Event at Career Spring Fair>”+ Register”.
- Complete the fields to set up your Standard booth. We advise that 5 minutes is suitable chat time for 1 on 1 (there is also option to extend time during a live chat).
- Note that 1 on 1 video chat is built into the MyFuture VCF
- You can add more than employer representative for 1 on 1 chat to help to move students through the busiest employer queues more quickly. Those who do not already have a MyFuture employer account will receive an auto-email with access to a limited account to enable them to join the live fair – ask them to look out for this.
- Set up your Group Chat instructions by using the HTML text formatting tools to advertise a time schedule of short talks (max 20 minutes) with hyperlinks to Teams/Zoom or other connected virtual meeting that a colleague, who is not simultaneously involved in 1 on 1 chats will deliver. This chat type is very popular with students and can be repeated at scheduled intervals during the event.
- Once you have set up your booth, click Review and Confirm, followed by Confirm to save and submit for approval by Queen’s CES. Should you wish to adjust your virtual booth later, go back into “registration,” scroll to the bottom on the page and click “Modify,” before reviewing and confirming again.
- You and your colleagues (please communicate/share invite and guidance to them) will also be invited to a 30-minute training event (will be recorded). The following 2-minute video also provides a useful overview for participating employer representatives on how the 1 on 1 video chat works.
For more tips and advice ahead of the fair, visit our Employer Resources here