Library Services are delighted to announce the successful completion of the McClay Library Phase 3 expansion project. Feedback received from the Library Services Customer Satisfaction Survey in recent years revealed that you wanted more study areas, PCs, group study rooms, and a larger student lounge. The McClay Library Phase 3 expansion project was initiated in response to that feedback. By expanding the Library’s footprint into the courtyard area on the Ground Floor and adjacent David Bates building, Library Services have been able to deliver the following in response your feedback:
- Over 100 additional PCs and 9 new study rooms (including both individual and group rooms) on the Ground Floor of the McClay.
- A new silent study room on the Ground Floor with 67 seats.
- Additional study seats and PCs on Floors 1 and 3.
- A new group study room on Floor 1.
- The student lounge on the ground floor has been doubled in size.
The building work was carried out between October 2018 and December 2019 and every effort was made to minimise disruption during that time. For example, particularly disruptive works were completed out of hours, or as early in the morning as possible. A series of regular posts on the Library blog and social media channels also provided updates on progress and any potential impact on services.
Thank you to everyone for your patience during the completion of the expansion. We hope you all enjoy the new spaces and facilities that the McClay Library has to offer!
If you have any feedback or questions, please contact email@example.com