Library Services is pleased to announce the reopening of the Biomedical Library, MBC from Monday 3rd August 2020.
The safety of everyone is our greatest priority so we have made some changes to the way we work and our service will look a little different to usual.
The Biomedical Library will be open from 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, starting on Monday 3rd August. There will be no Saturday opening at this time.
When we first open, it will be for:
- Queen’s staff and students
- HSC members of the Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland
Social distancing and hygiene measures will be in place including:
- A limited number of bookable study spaces
- A book collection service for Medical and Biomedical Library items
- Cleaning stations with hand sanitiser
- Contactless issuing
- No walk-in use of the Library including printing facilities
- No group study room available
- No laptop loans so please bring your own device if possible
- Book quarantine for 72 hours when returned
- A ‘Keep Left’ directional system will be in place
- You can enter and exit the Library using the main doors as normal but priority will be given to those people leaving the Library
Due to the limited number of study spaces available in the Biomedical Library, you will be required to book a study space. We are currently in the process of setting up this booking system and further details will be released when available.
From 3rd August, a book collection service will be in place for items located in the Medical and Biomedical Libraries, and is available to both QUB staff and students and HSC members of the Healthcare Library. Please note that at the present time, items on loan cannot be requested.
QUB staff and students can request items from the Medical and Biomedical Libraries by completing the Book Collection Form: https://raptor.qub.ac.uk/qubrequest. You will need to login with your normal QUB credentials and you will be informed by email when the items are ready to collect. Once you have collected the items, you should issue them to yourself using the self-issue machine. HSC members of the Healthcare Library should refer to the blog item on the Healthcare Library website for further information of the process, including a link to the HSC book collection form.
Library Services are continuing to work on plans to safely reopen the Medical Library and a further announcement will be made about this later in the summer.
We encourage everyone to respect these measures to help reduce the spread of the virus. If you have a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, or a loss or change in your sense of taste or smell, please stay at home and follow the Public Health Agency guidelines on self-isolation.
If you need advice or assistance with any other Library queries you can talk to us using Library Chat (click on the blue box on the right of the Library homepage).