Canvas System Update – 17 Sept 2022
These are the latest Canvas system updates that will become available from 17 September 2022. Please click on an update to expand and view the information. If you have any questions please submit a support ticket via the help menu in Canvas.
Please note that system updates are subject to change and may be subsequently updated.
Canvas Deploy Release Updates.
14 Sept 2022: Calendar – Edit Event Start and End Time Drop-Down Menu Update. This update is available for all Canvas Roles.
When editing a calendar event, the start and end time drop-down menus have been updated to include 5-minute intervals.
This update provides improved experience and accessibility.
When editing an event in the drop-down menu, times display in 5-minutes increments. Previously, the drop-down menu displayed in 30-minute increments.
Edit Event Calendar Start Time Drop-Down Menu
Other recent Updates: Canvas Integration – Blackboard Ally.
31 Aug 2022: Microsoft Immersive Reader new Alternative Format. This update is available for all Canvas Roles.
Blackboard Ally have integrated the Microsoft Immersive Reader as the new Ally Alternative Format. This will provide tools to:
- Change font size and text spacing.
- Change the contrast between the text and the background color.
- Learn spelling and grammar by splitting words into syllables.
- Highlight verbs, nouns, adjectives, and sub-clauses.
- View a picture dictionary.
- Increase reading speed with line focus.
- Convert text-to-speech (both male and female voices).
- Translate content in real time.
Preview of the Immersive Reader Alternative Format