Easter 2014 Opening
The McClay Library opening hours over the Easter vacation are as follows:
- Monday 14-Thursday 17 April – normal term time opening hours
- Friday 18 April – open for study 9.00am-9.00pm; no staffed services
- Saturday 19 April-Monday 21 April inclusive – CLOSED
- Tuesday 22 April – open for study 9.00am-9.00pm; no staffed services
- Wednesday 23 April – open at 8.00am and 24-hour opening begins
24-hour Opening – Semester 2
24 hour opening for the semester 2 examination period begins on Wednesday 23 April and runs until 5.30pm on Saturday 7 June.
During this period:
- The McClay Library will remain open overnight every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening.
- On Sundays, the Library will open earlier than in previous years (i.e. 8.00am rather than 12.00noon) and remain open all week until 2.00am on Saturday mornings. It will then re-open at 6.00am on Saturdays and close on Sunday mornings at 2.00am before re-opening at 8.00am.
- Only Library members with a valid Queen’s card will be admitted.
Staff will carry out additional ID checks to prevent card misuse – please bear in mind that it is a disciplinary offence to let anyone else use your student card or credentials.
May Day 2014
On Monday 5 May, the McClay Library will open from 9.00am-9.00pm for study purposes. There will be no staffed services. Please note that the Library will be closed between 2.00am and 9.00am on Monday 5 May. The Library will also be closed between 9.00pm on Monday 5 May and 8.00am on Tuesday 6 May.
Group Study Rooms
The group study rooms in the McClay library are very heavily used throughout the year but quite often groups change their plans and no longer need the room but forget to cancel their booking. Please show consideration for other students by cancelling your group room booking if you no longer require it – you can do this either via the Group Room Booking System on Queens Online or by selecting this option in the confirmation e-mail you received when you placed the booking. If you are not sure how to cancel your booking, please ask a member of staff at the Borrower Services Desk or phone them on 9097 6135.
Silent Study Areas
As we move into the very busy pre-examination period, it is particularly important that everyone respects the requirement for absolute silence in the silent study areas. This is the environment that students have asked us to provide but we can only do it with your co-operation. Please support Library staff in their efforts to protect the study environment during this period.
Food & Drink
In the interests of maintaining a clean and pleasant study environment for everyone, the consumption of food in the Library is prohibited. To avoid mess, damage to library resources and disturbing other users, please keep all food including snacks such as fruit, sweets and crisps for the student lounge.
To ensure that study and PC spaces are fully utilised at all times, spaces should not be left unoccupied for more than 30 minutes. If a PC is left idle for 30 minutes, it will log out automatically. If you will be away for more than 30 minutes, you must logout completely, save your work and take your belongings with you. When occupying a study seat and you take a break, it is advisable to leave a note indicating the time you left on your desk – if you are away for more than 30 minutes, another student may reasonably move your belongings aside and take the seat.
If you have any comments or queries on the content of this document or wish to comment on library services more generally, please e-mail: email@example.com