There are various templates to use if you are presenting research at a conference and wish to upload a record to Pure. This is a brief guide on choosing the correct template.
Chapter in Book/Report/Conference Proceeding – Conference contribution:
- Use this template if the paper presented at a conference has been published as an article in a Conference Proceedings.
- The Proceedings publication will usually have an ISSN or ISBN and publication date.
- Include the title of the Proceedings publication in the host publication field.
- It is helpful if the conference details (e.g. title, location, date) are added in the event field.
Contribution to Conference
- Use this template if you have presented a Paper, Poster, Abstract or Other Contribution at a conference but it is not published in a Proceedings.
- Select the template (e.g. paper) which best reflects your research output.
- An event can be added to give details of the conference attended.
- If possible it is helpful if a URL link to the conference, conference programme or abstract is added in ‘Other links’.
- Once the research has been presented select the ‘Published’ option in the Publication state drop down menu. Use the date it was presented at the conference
- If you are uploading a record that is for a conference that has not yet happened select the ‘Accepted’ option in the Publication state drop down menu.
If you upload a record and the Open Access Team feels a different conference template would enhance the record we will make this change and notify you via an automatic message. If you wish to discuss this change please contact the Open Access team.
For further information or assistance check out our Open Access LibGuide.