RefWorks is a reference management service that enables you to create a personal database of references, automatically format citations and compile instant bibliographies. This can save you hours spent interpreting citing and referencing styles and typing citations and references.
This introductory course, which is aimed at staff and postgraduate students, will include demonstrations and practical work.
- Creating an account
- Importing references from databases
- Creating folders
- Deleting duplicate records
- Producing a bibliography in a Microsoft Word document
Dates and Times
- Wednesday 12 March 2014, 10am to 12 noon (NB – for staff and PhD students, both book through QOL)
- Wednesday 19 March 2014, 10 am to 12 noon (NB – for staff and PhD students, both book through QOL)
- Thursday 20 March 2014, 10 am to 12 noon (NB – for taught postgrad students, book via the International and Postgraduate Student Centre)
- Auditorium, The McClay Library
- Staff and research postgraduates – please use Queen’s Online to book a place.
- Taught postgraduates – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
Subject-specific training sessions will also run during the year. Please contact your subject librarian for more information.