WORK IN THE McCLAY LIBRARY
as a LIBRARY AMBASSADOR !
Are you interested in library work ?
Would you like to help other students ?
Are you friendly, approachable, outgoing and reliable ?
We are recruiting a small number of Library Ambassadors to work in the McClay at the beginning of the next academic year.
What is a Library Ambassador ?
A voluntary, unpaid, temporary post for students who would like to help new students settle in and find their way around the Library at the beginning of term.
You may be able to use the experience to contribute towards the Degree Plus Award (Category B).
What do Ambassadors do?
They help new students with the self-service facilities, show them how to find books, explain how to print and scan and, answer straightforward queries.
They may also provide guided tours and help at the Welcome Stand in the Library.
- A Queen’s student re-enrolling in September 2015
- Able to attend 2 or 3 training sessions in September
- Available to work weeks beginning 21 September, 28 September and 5 October 2015
- Willing to work 2 hours (between 11am and 4pm) on 3 days for 3 weeks (18 hours in total)
How to apply …
Send an A4 page as an email attachment to the email@example.com with “Library Ambassador Volunteer” in the subject heading.
Include the following information: –
1. Your name, student number and Queen’s email address.
2. What you are studying and at what level
3. An outline of any relevant experience or aptitude
4. The reasons why you want to work as a volunteer in the Library.
5. A summary of what you could contribute if selected
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th April 2015.
Who will be selected ?
On the basis of this application a small number of students will be invited for an informal chat at the end of May / early June
It will be a chance for you to decide if you are interested in committing and, for us to decide if you would be suitable for the role.
It will also be an opportunity for you to bring forward ideas for supporting new students in the library.