AFBI Library Services System Change August 2023
From 16th August 2023 the following Library Services discovery systems will be retired:
The systems will be replaced by Library Search, our new Library Services discovery platform powered by Primo from ExLibris.
Library Search allows you to search for books, ebooks, journals, ejournals, articles, digital media, and databases on a unified discovery system.
You will have the opportunity to preview the new Library Search system from 2nd August 2023.
How will the changes affect me?
- We will continue to provide access to all our current and expanding range of Library resources. It is only the interface through which you access the resources that is changing.
- If you have saved Preferred Searches, Loan History or My Lists on MyAccount that you wish to retain, please ensure that you save these in a separate location. You will no longer have access to this information in the MyAccount from 16th August 2023. Unfortunately, we cannot migrate this information to the new system.
- If you have created saved searches, folders, citations, and articles in a MyEBSCO personal account and they point to an EBSCOhost databasee., CINAHL, ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials PLUS, British Education Index, then they will continue to work.
However, if you have any saved items in your MyEBSCO account folder pointing to Library Catalogue, Article Search or E-Journals A-Z these will not work. You should save your search history and export this data. Saving Your Search History using MyEBSCO explains how to do this. You need to have a MyEBSCO account if you want to download or reserve EBSCO ebooks.
- You will have access to a new Library Account on Library Search from 16th August 2023 where you can renew books, create favourites lists and export citations.
- If you have created permalinks, persistent links or stable URLs from the Library Catalogue, Article Search, Classic Catalogue or E-Journals A-Z discovery interfaces, these will no longer work and need to be updated to new Library Search URLs. Please contact the AFBI Library if you need advice on how to do this.
- There may be a delay supplying Inter Library Loans for a short period.
- There will be a limited time when physical loan items cannot be issued at the self-service stations in the Library. You can bring physical loan items to the Borrower Service desks, where Library staff will issue these items for you.
- You will be able to continue to export references from Library Search to EndNote and Endnote Web. If you use the Find Full Text function in Endnote the OpenURL Path information will change.
Please view the Primo Highlights Demo for an insight into the new Library Services discovery experience.