Hoi iedereen! – Hi all!

I’m Clémence, ESR14 of the ProtectED project and one of the two ESR based at BioDetection Systems in Amsterdam. It’s the first time I’m writing an article for the blog and I would like to present you some aspects of my life in the low-lands.

Indeed, the ProtectED ITN is not only about research but also about giving us a great opportunity to take part in a rewarding scientific-related human experience.

But, *SPOILER ALERT*: I ‘m really bad at entertaining writing! However, I know a couple of cartoonists that are pretty good at summarizing the expat life and the scientist life 😊.

That being said, moving from France to the Netherlands was not a long shot but it still took me some time to fit in the Dutch lifestyle… Here are two comics that, in my opinion, summarize quite well what I have to say (credits: Click Here!):

WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN THE NETHERLANDS

Dutch people – You

INCONVENIENTS OF LIVING IN A CITY WITH 165 CANALS

– Hi, I’d like some mosquito repellent.
– “Jungle” formula please
– And do you sell mosquito nets?

Amsterdam in October

When I started to work in the lab at BioDetection Systems, I got introduced to cell culture, which I was not really familiar about. I think that “Cellular Scribbles” expose pretty well my relationship with cells at the beginning of my Ph.D!

That’s it for me, hope you liked the comics. Stay tuned for the next article on the ESR blog!

Doei!!! – “Goodbye!!!”

Categories: Uncategorised

0 Comments