Covid-19 Procedural Changes in our Libraries (April 2021)
In light of the easing of current lockdown restrictions and in the interest of the safety of our users and library staff, there will be changes to our procedures in some of The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland branches in the coming weeks. Currently all libraries remain open, but please consider whether your visit to the Library is essential.
- The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland at the RVH and at the QUB MBC building are able to offer face to face services from Monday 12th April. Please contact other Healthcare Library branches before visiting if you require staff help to ensure that this is possible and that someone will be on site to assist you.
- It is mandatory to wear masks in all libraries, even if you are sitting at a PC or study space.
- Group study rooms available in the Healthcare Library branches at the RVH, and at QUB MBC Building continue to be single occupancy only. These are still bookable through Queen’s Online.
- There have been no changes to opening hours for any of the Healthcare Library branches but please continue to check back to our blog, and social media to keep up to date with any future changes.
- HSC members of the Healthcare Library are still able to access The McClay Library on the main Queen’s University Belfast site. Opening hours have been amended for the McClay Library from Monday 12th April. Please check the QUB Library webpages for up to date information about opening hours and any further changes.
- Standard loan items will continue to automatically renew unless the item is not eligible to renew. You can find out further information about this renewal process through our webpages.
- Please continue to place your requests for material as before. If there are any problems or delays, we will be in contact with you.
- If you currently have an item on loan, it may be requested by another reader and you will be asked to return it. However, we are aware that this might present difficulties so please contact your nearest Healthcare Library branch if this is the case.
Electronic resources are available to access outside of the Library, from home or from your office space. You will need valid HSC membership of the Library so please contact us if your membership has lapsed. Specialist Librarians are contactable to help with any assistance required using the electronic journals, databases or literature searching.
Updates will continue to be posted to our Healthcare Library homepage and social media account. Please note that staff are still available to help and assist with enquiries via Library Chat, email, phone and social media so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have concerns or questions.