Reopening of The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland
The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland is pleased to announce that it will reopen its branch in QUB Medical Biology Centre on Monday 3rd August 2020. This is the first Healthcare Library branch to reopen and will offer the following services:
- Book collection service for items located in The Healthcare Library branches on the RVH and the QUB MBC site, as well as items located in The McClay Library at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Bookable study space [No longer applicable, Sept 2020]
- Scanned journal articles and book chapters (within applicable copyright limits)
- Inter-Library Loan requests for journal articles and book chapters
The book collection service is available from 3rd August 2020, and is available to all registered HSC members of the Library. While the service includes available items from The Healthcare Library branches on the RVH and the QUB MBC site, and The McClay Library, the following cannot be requested:
- Items currently on loan
- Items located in The Healthcare Library branches outside of the Belfast area
- Reference items
Books can be requested by completing the Book Collection form. [Please see note at the end of blog post. Request function has been fully restored].
Information about the study space booking can be found in a separate blog post. [No longer applicable, Sept 2020]
Other Healthcare Library branches will reopen in due course and Library staff continue to work remotely. In order to keep up to date with developments, please refer back to our blog, or our social media channels as circumstances change and we progress to more routine library services.
Update 21/09/20 – The request service has now been reinstated. There is no requirement to complete the Book Collection Form detailed above. Please contact Library staff if you have any questions.
Update 02/10/20 – It is no longer necessary to book study space in the Healthcare Library on QUB MBC site in order to study, access materials and print/scan/copy.