COVID-19 Library Update
The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland has been closely monitoring the ongoing escalation of measures that are being applied to limit the spread of the Covid-19 (coronavirus) across the UK, including the additional measures announced by the UK Government on 16 March.
As a result of this escalation and the subsequent implications the decision has been taken to close the physical Healthcare Libraries of Northern Ireland until further notice.
While the physical libraries are closed you can continue to access the range of e-resources available through the Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland website:
- Off-campus access to licensed electronic resources (books, databases and journals) will remain available to all registered Healthcare Library members during the closure period.
- If you require access to a particular e-book please contact your Subject Specialist https://healthcarelibrary.qub.ac.uk/TrainingandSupport/SpecialistLibrarians/ who may be able to purchase it.
- Due dates on books that were due to be returned during the closure period have been extended to Monday 15 June. Books on loan can be checked online Via My Account
- Fines accrued *before* the Library closed will remain on readers’ accounts. No additional fines will accrue while the Library is closed.
- The Library’s Subject Specialist team is available to provide online support. Please contact your Subject Specialist.
- You can continue to submit general queries to email@example.com
- For queries about books on loan please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We recommend that you hold on to your Library books until the libraries reopen (all loan dates have been extended until Monday 15 June and no fines will accrue during the closure period).
We will continue to provide Library updates via the Healthcare Library website.