Thinking about entering QUB Dragons’ Den this semester? Vicky Potts one of last year’s finalists gives us her top 5 Dragons’ Den moments.
1) Pitching in an authentic Dragons’ Den on camera – a terrifying but exhilarating experience.
2) Learning how to answer the “So What?”question – everyone has an idea that they think is great but taking part in Dragons’ Den taught us how to succinctly answer what sets our idea apart from the rest.
3) Establishing a network of contacts who we can call upon for advice along the way.
4) Going on to win €10,000 in the Ireland Funds Business Plan competition down in Dublin just two months later. Enterprise SU advised and supported us through the application process and we used all that we had learnt from the Dragons’ Den programme to restructure how we presented our idea.
5) Getting out first customer – ok this didn’t happen JUST because of Dragons’ Den but it definitely gave us the confidence to move forward with our idea.
QUB Dragons’ Den 2016 is now open for applications – find out more and apply herehttp://www.qubsu.org/EnterpriseSU/Opportunities/DragonsDen/