webpage V5

Hi. My name is Sally Bridge and I am based in Borrower Services in the McClay Library, managing the wonderful team of people who work at the desk on the ground floor.

One of the most rewarding aspects of my work is my role as Library Services Disability Liaison Officer. Through this I get to work with Disability Services to provide the best possible Library experience for students with disabilities. As I have rheumatoid arthritis myself, I know all too well how important this is. I have been working really hard over the last few years to make this a fabulous place to study whatever your disability. A recent survey showed that 96% of students with disabilities were happy with the Library.

Here are a few things that may help with your studies:
• If you are unsure of how to use the Library, I can give you a short induction session with a brief tour of the library. The tour can be tailored to your disability.
• Staff can fetch books from the shelves
• Depending on your disability, we may be able to get electronic copies of books if we only hold the paper copy.
• You may also be eligible for a short extension on ‘2 night loan’ books so that, when you take these books out, you will get them for 3 nights instead.
• If you need to work regularly with your Disability Support Provider, they can arrange to book a McClay Library Group Study Room for the same time each week for the whole semester.
• There are height adjustable desks on each floor of the McClay Library and a low level self-issue terminal too.
• We have a high-vis keyboard which you can borrow

Finally, each student computer has assistive software to help you study. Click on the red button on the desktop for ZoomText,  MindView and Read & Write Gold. If you would need any help with these please let me know.

Each Library Branch has one member of staff who is responsible for helping students with disabilities. Here are my contact details and those of the others who can help elsewhere:

The McClay Library
Sally Bridge (Disability Co-ordinator)
Tel: 028 9097 6145
Email: s.bridge@qub.ac.uk

Medical Library
Anne Marsh
Tel: 028 9097 8911
Email: a.marsh@qub.ac.uk

Biomedical Library
Brenda Allen
Tel: 028 9097 2717
Email: b.a.allen@qub.ac.uk

Looking forward to seeing you all in the Library soon
Best wishes
Sally