Hello Everybody!!

HANNAH

Hi guys!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and welcome you to the wonderful world of  Student Officer Blogs! I’m not a seasoned blogger so hopefully you’ll forgive me if I’m rubbish at this.

My name is Hannah Niblock – your new Student Officer Education. I have been a student here at QUB for nearly 7 years and I have loved every minute of it. My undergraduate was in Modern History, followed swiftly by a Masters in Legal Science and then an LLM in Law and International Commerce. I have been really involved in activities run by the Students’ Union and Queen’s itself since day one and it has certainly improved my experience here at uni. I have been left with an excellent set of skills and many friendships that I hope to carry forward throughout my life. University is perhaps one of the most important times in your life and the more you make of it the better.

One of the major things you can get involved in over the coming year is the Staff Student Consultative Committee. The training and support is provided by myself and other staff members here at the Students’ Union and we would love to see as many people as possible put themselves forward. Stay tuned for more information on that.

Finally, if you have been studying over the summer for the August exam sitting and you have encountered any problems or if you receive notification that you have failed an exam please remember to get in touch with the Advice Centre here at the Students’ Union. Agnes Crawford is our Education and Welfare Adviser and as your Student Officer Education I am also here to help with any academic problems you might have. The deadline for the publication of your exam results is Tuesday 2nd September – Good Luck!

My email address is su.vpeducation@qub.ac.uk and you can contact Agnes on agnes.crawford@qub.ac.uk – please get in touch.

It’s cheerio for now.

Chat to you guys again soon.