Interview with Xin (Fiona) Chen

INTO Queen’s Graduate Diploma > QUB MSc Marketing

Tell us a bit about about yourself!

Hello, everyone! I am Xin Chen (Fiona) and I come from China. I have completed the Graduate Diploma in Management at INTO Queen’s, and then the MSc Marketing course at Queen’s University Belfast.

You’re a 2019 winter graduand – how does it feel to have finished your studies?

I am greatly relieved! Although it took me a lot of effort to complete the course, I did gain plenty of knowledge and I broadened my horizons with these courses.

What’s next for you?

I have a job in my mind … I want to become a civil servant, or maybe start up my own business.

How would you summarise your time here?

My time at INTO Queen’s was a very memorable experience for me, in that I met many responsible teachers and staff (Emma, Sarah, Karen, Jill and Liam as well as Javlan) and studious classmates! INTO provides a good learning environment which is reflected in how teachers prepare their lessons and revise our essays carefully. This favorable learning atmosphere enabled me to become eager to learn, and helped me lay the foundation for postgraduate study. The INTO Queen’s Centre is pretty perfect with its own study area, printers and canteen.

Thanks, Fiona! Congratulations on your achievement, and all the best for your future endeavours.

Ciara Murray

Ciara Murray is an International Officer at Queen's University Belfast, managing student progression from INTO pathways onto Queen's degree programmes. Her blog aims to share her personal experiences living in Northern Ireland, working at QUB and travelling the globe.