Updated 23rd March 2020
As a result of the escalation of the COVID 19 (coronavirus) spread and the subsequent implications for the safe operation of University activities, the Major Incident Team took decision to close the campus until further notice. As a result of this, the Library is now closed.
For information in relation to Library Services during the closure period please check the Library FAQs related to the current closure and details below:
- Off-campus access to licensed electronic resources (books, databases and journals) will remain available to all registered staff and students during the closure period.
- Due dates on books that were due to be returned during the closure period have been extended to Monday 15 June. Books on loan can be checked online Via My Account on Queen’s Online. Fines accrued *before* the Library closed will remain on readers’ accounts. No additional fines will accrue while the Library is closed.
- The Library’s Subject Librarian team is available to provide online support for student research queries. Please contact your Subject Librarian.
- You can continue to submit general queries to email@example.com
- For queries about books on loan please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Returns for Students
The following book return service for students leaving accommodation is in place from Friday 20 March. After this time books may be left in Queen’s Elms BT 1 and BT9 Accommodation Receptions. Students living off campus can also avail of this service.
If, for any reason, you are unable to use this facility, we recommend that you hold on to your Library books until the libraries reopen (all loan dates have been extended until Monday 15 June and no fines will accrue during the closure period). If you will not be returning to campus, please consider asking a friend to return the books on your behalf.
We will continue to provide Library updates and keep our students and readers up to date if the situation changes via the Library website.