We wanted to make sure that we were communicating with you in a way which makes sense for you and is the most useful. One way we assessed this was to hold a Focus Group in partnership with the Students Union, where we met with a number of students.
Following the event we have implemented or are planning to review the following:
- We have adjusted all of our recall notices to warn students that their accounts will be blocked once a recalled item becomes overdue.
- Our senior management team has set up a working group to review our marketing/social media/communication and they will take on board your preference for email rather than social media as a communication tool.
- Senior Management Team will also consider your other suggestions at the Annual Planning Meeting in May. These include:
- Producing a regular Library Newsletter for researchers
- Considering revising the Library home page with more obvious links to the Subject Guides and Library Help
- Targeted promotion of Special Collections to undergraduate modules who require access to the collection
- Considering ‘Open Day’ induction to Library in Semester 1 reading week
We will continue to monitor our communication methods through our annual customer satisfaction survey and will let you know about any changes to our current practises when they occur.