Now that semester two is on its last week can only mean one thing….. EXAMS. The pressure of exams can be extremely overwhelming for all students so here are some useful tips to help you maintain at least a little bit of sanity:
- The Mc Clay Library continues its Twenty-Four-Hour Opening until 5.30pm on Saturday 1st June 2013.
During these dates The Mc Clay Library will remain open overnight every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening. Students will have access to study facilities but service points will not be staffed during the extended hours.
On Sundays the doors open at 8am and the building remains open all week until 2.00am on Saturday mornings. It then re-opens at 6.00am on Saturdays and closes on Sunday mornings at 2.00am before reopening at 8am.
- Ensure you have your exam timetable at the ready. You need your exam timetable for each exam not only so you know where you are going and when, but it also has your anonymous code which the examiners need. To get a copy of your exam timetable, go to the ‘administration link’ (bottom left-hand corner) of your Queen’s online account.
- Make sure you have your student card. While this may seem an obvious fact, it is not uncommon for students to be so engulfed in revision that they lose track of where they left their student card. So if you find yourself in this position just before an exam…. DONT PANIC. Just come to level one of the student guidance centre were we will issue you with a new card there and then. Please note, we are open Monday to Friday 9-5 and the cost for a new student card is £10 cash.
- It may seem impossible at the time but there are ways to help manage your stress during exam time. It is vitally important to take regular breaks to give your mind a rest from revision and you can do this any way; from going out with friends, to going to the gym or for a walk, or just by catching up on some much needed TV, taking a break from your revision can help refresh your brain, ready for the next session.
- Know that you are not alone. A lot of students isolate themselves away from people in a bid to stay as focused as possible. At times, this may be good for concentration however by remembering that you are not alone, you can reach out for help either with classmates, family, or friends to get some of that stress and frustration off your chest.
For any students undertaking re-sit exams in August, the Re-sit Registration Wizard open date is still to be confirmed. You will be able to access the wizard via your QSIS account and select the modules you wish to retake.
Students will be sent email correspondence to your QUB email account so you should check it over the summer period. You will also be able to find information via the Exams website: http://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/sgc/srecords/Examinations/ResitExaminations/
And finally, the Student Guidance Centre would like to wish all students the best of luck in their upcoming exams