Well the time has come yet again, summer is officially over (if you could call it that!!) and students will be embarking on the next year of their academic studies. Here are some points to note for registering for this coming academic year:
- All returning students MUST re-enrol using the online registration wizard via your QSIS account. Your school office will contact you via your Queen’s email account to inform you of when the online registration wizard will be online
- All students (unless otherwise informed) can access the registration wizard from Wednesday 12th September
- All Postgraduate Taught students due to submit a dissertation in September 2012 must also register in the same way to access eligibility for graduating in December, the same applies to PhD students due to submit their thesis
- There are 10 steps for all students to complete in the online registration wizard. Please ensure you complete all 10 steps. If you have successfully completed the registration wizard, you will receive an email via your Queen’s email account to confirm successful completion
- If you do not receive an email, this means you have not successfully completed the registration wizard. You will be sent a reminder email to complete the registration wizard
- For returning International students, you will need to both complete the online registration wizard and present your updated visa check form (green form). To get the updated green form, international students must present their passports to the International Student Support Office (ground floor of the International and Postgraduate Student Centre)
- If you do not successfully complete the online registration wizard by the 12th October 2012, you will be penalised with a late registration fee of £50
- For full details and guidance in enrolment and registration for the academic year 2012/13, please refer to the website
- If any students have any issues or problems accessing their registration wizard, please contact the registration helpdesk on 02890 973223 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For any students that undertook resit examinations in August, the results will be published by 5pm on Tuesday 4th September. The results will be published throughout the day so please keep checking on your QSIS account. To check your results, simply log into your QSIS account and go to ‘main menu- self-service-enrolment- view my grades’. If your results still haven’t been published by Wednesday 5th September, please contact the Examinations Office either by email at email@example.com or telephoning 028 9097 2727.
In a lot of cases, this time can be perhaps the most stressful for students as it determines whether you can proceed to the next academic year. If students did not receive the grades they needed or had hoped for, the first thing they must do is to contact their personal tutor or advisor of studies to discuss your options. To find out who your advisor of studies or personal tutor is, simply log into your QSIS account and go to ‘main menu- self-service-student centre’.
POINTS TO NOTE:
All outstanding resit fees must be paid in full prior to registering for the academic year 2012-13. If students fail to do so, a suspension will be placed on the student’s account which will prevent them from re-registering for the next academic year in September. To pay for resit fees, please contact Income and Student Finance on 02890 972727.
QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY COUNSELLING SERVICE
Exam time is always the most stressful time in a student’s life. Particularly for students that did not get the grades they needed, this can leave them feeling demotivated, confused with where they have went wrong and in doubt of what to do next. It is therefore vitally important for ALL students to know that Queen’s University aim to help each and every student get through whatever issues they may face. To help with this, Queen’s University continue to offer their Counselling Service which is available to all students free of charge. This is an excellent confidential service that can help students talk about their concerns and issues. Whether it be university related or just wanting to get something off your chest, why not call for an appointment on our free phone 0808 800 0016 or alternatively you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org