COVID-19 Procedural Changes in our Libraries (Jan 2021)
In light of the most recent lockdown measures, and in the interest of the safety of our users and library staff, there will be changes to our procedures in some of The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland branches in the coming weeks. Currently all libraries remain open, but please consider whether your visit to the Library is essential.
- Although open, the Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland at the RVH and at the QUB MBC Building are unable to offer staffed services at this time. You can contact staff on either of these sites using the Library Chat function, email or phone. Please contact other Healthcare Library branches before visiting if you require staff help to ensure that this is possible and that someone will be on site to assist you.
- It is mandatory to wear masks in all libraries, even if you are sitting at a PC or study space.
- Group study rooms available in the Healthcare Library branches at the RVH, and at QUB MBC Building will now be single occupancy only. These are still bookable through Queen’s Online.
- There have been no changes to opening hours for any of the Healthcare Library branches but please continue to check back to our blog, and social media to keep up to date with any future changes.
- HSC members of the Healthcare Library are still able to access The McClay Library on the main Queen’s University Belfast site. Opening hours have been amended for the McClay Library, and capacity has been further reduced. Please check the QUB Library webpages for up to date information about opening hours and any further changes.
- We are looking at renewing all items currently on loan and will confirm when this is in place.
- Please continue to place your requests for material as before. If there are any problems or delays, we will be in contact with you.
Electronic resources are available to access outside of the Library, from home or from your office space. You will need valid HSC membership of the Library so please contact us if your membership has lapsed. Specialist Librarians are contactable to help with any assistance required using the electronic journals, databases or literature searching.
All of these changes are in place until 31 January but we will keep them under review. Updates will be posted to our Healthcare Library homepage and social media account. Please note that staff are still available to help and assist with enquiries via Library Chat, email, phone and social media so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have concerns or questions.