How do I import content into my Academic module from my module development area?
Once you have finished developing content in your ‘Module Development Area’ you can import it into your ‘live Academic Module’ (i.e. available closer to go-live, where students will be enrolled) by completing the following steps:
- In your live Academic Module, click Settings then click Import Course Content.
- In the Content Type drop down menu, click Copy a Canvas course.
- Search and click on your Module Development Area. (it will have DEVELOP at the start of the title) Click on All content then click Import.
Note: You can click ‘Select specific content’ if you want to select individual items (i.e. a page, a discussion, a quiz etc) and do NOT want to copy over all content.
- The job will be queued under Course copy and should take just a few moments to complete, depending on the amount of course content involved.
- Navigate to different areas of the live Academic Module to confirm the content has been imported and check for any content that requires re-activation / re-insertion (see below).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some settings and content are NOT INCLUDED in the course import and will require RE-ACTIVATION/RE-INSERTION in the module. The links below provide more information on the items that are not included and how to use the course copy/import tool.
Canvas Guide: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?
Canvas Guide: What is the Course Import Tool? (includes a list of items that are not included in the course import)
More Information: Canvas – getting ready to go live guide.