Mediasite & Canvas
Staff must have an existing Mediasite account and have attended the course to use Mediasite features correctly. You can sign up for a Mediasite account at the URL below if you need this activated:
- Sign Up for a Mediasite Account: https://go.qub.ac.uk/signmeup
Enabling MyMediasite on a course:
MyMediasite gives staff full access to Mediasite and its functionality from within Canvas. For instance, you can record content directly from within the Canvas application via MyMediasite.
Step-by-step instructions on how to enable the Mediasite link within your Canvas course navigation is detailed in the guide linked below.
- Instructional Guide: Enabling MyMediasite on a Course
How can I add Mediasite content to Canvas?
Mediasite is integrated into Canvas, so you can manage your Mediasite content and add videos into your courses without leaving the Canvas interface. It also has the benefit of not using up your limited storage space on the Canvas server.
Step-by-step instructions on how to add Mediasite content into Canvas using the Rich Content Editor is detailed in the guide linked below.
- Instructional Guide: How to add Mediasite content to Canvas
Find out more:
For all Mediasite information, please visit the Queen’s webpage linked below:
- Mediasite at Queen’s: http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/web-support-team/mediasite/
For all Mediasite resources, training & user guides, please visit the Queen’s webpage linked below:
- Mediasite Resources, Training and User Guide: http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/web-support-team/mediasite/Resources/