Canvas for Support Staff
Next Available Date: Weds 18 Sept 10:00-12:30- Register Now!
The aim of this workshop is to prepare you to use Canvas to manage and support the delivery and administration of a Queen’s teaching module. This practical workshop will introduce you to the Canvas VLE and give an overview of its functionality, in particular the tools and features that can be used to manage and support a Queen’s teaching module. It will present the various user roles defined for Queen’s staff and explain the permissions associated with each. It will focus on the tools and features in Canvas which help to facilitate communication of information to students, file and content management, managing assignments, grades and student feedback.
- Introduction to the Canvas Interface.
- Customising your Profile & Notification Preferences.
- Navigating the Canvas Dashboard, courses and modules.
- Managing files and adding/ updating course content.
- Administering and managing settings for Assignments, including Turnitin.
- Using Gradebook to mute assignments and bulk export grades.
- How Canvas and QSIS work together.
- Understanding People and Groups in Canvas.
- Overview of Canvas announcements.