Once you have finished developing content in your ‘Module Development Area’ you can import it into your ‘live Academic Module’ (i.e. available closer to go-live, where students will be enrolled) by completing the following steps:
- In your live Academic Module, click Settings then click Import Course Content.
- In the Content Type drop down menu, click Copy a Canvas course.
- Search and click on your Module Development Area. (it will have DEVELOP at the start of the title) Click on All content then click Import.
Note: You can click ‘Select specific content’ if you want to select individual items (i.e. a page, a discussion, a quiz etc) and do NOT want to copy over all content.
- The job will be queued under Course copy and should take just a few moments to complete, depending on the amount of course content involved.
- Navigate to different areas of the live Academic Module to confirm the content has been imported and check for any content that requires re-activation / re-insertion (see below).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some settings and content are NOT INCLUDED in the course import and will require RE-ACTIVATION/RE-INSERTION in the module. The links below provide more information on the items that are not included and how to use the course copy/import tool.
Canvas Guide: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?
Canvas Guide: What is the Course Import Tool? (includes a list of items that are not included in the course import)