What is Mediasite?
Mediasite is a video streaming platform, which is fully supported by Information Services and integrates directly with Canvas. It allows staff to record, upload and share recorded lectures, seminars, events and other video and audio content.
Benefits of using Mediasite in Canvas:
- In Canvas various types of media can be incorporated into your course without taking up ANY of your allotted Canvas storage.
- All content will be fully backed up by QUB.
- All video & audio content plays seamlessly in China and other areas due to content being delivery by the University Janet consortium.
Content can be shared with a large or controlled audience. (like other peers for content control or editing)
- Full training is available on regular courses throughout the year.
Accessing Mediasite in Canvas:
Mediasite can be accessed and content embedded into Canvas in the Rich Content Editor. More information is available via the links at the bottom of this page.
Mediasite training webinars are available here. This training will demonstrate a wide range of Mediasite features and may include:
- Collaborative online space to create and manage your media
- Editing, publishing and sharing your content
- Managing permissions with your class or external parties
- Adding links and chapters, Including polls or quizzes in your video content
- Tagging your content (for search)
- Online editor
- The use of captioning (subtitling your content)
Note: Mediasite offers this functionality with absolutely no prior knowledge of video editing required.
The default module (Canvas course) storage allowance is 500MB. There is a separate storage allowance of 50MB for User and Group areas in Canvas. Please click on one of the headings below to view important information about each Course, User and Group storage area including what is and isn’t counted against quotas and file upload limits.