Passionate about technology? Reckon you could help other students use it better? We are looking for you to become a Digital Champion for the University! This is a new voluntary role, open to students in any subject, which will allow you to build your digital skills and help other students become better users of technology. It is also a great way to network with other students and play a critical role in helping to build and shape the Digital Future at Queen’s.
What’s in it for me?
- This is a great way to set yourself apart and make yourself stand out to future employers! On successful completion of the initiative, you will receive official recognition from the University through Degree Plus (Route A) accreditation. The degree plus certificate presented to you at your graduation will list your degree plus activities completed alongside your studies.
- Receive practical training on how to develop your own digital skills
- Help your fellow students build on their digital skills
- Learn about the use of digital tools and technologies in teaching and learning
- Help improve the student digital experience at Queen’s.
What is expected of me in this role?
The main focus of the role will be to:
- Complete initial training relevant to the role
- Contribute to University Blogs related to digital services, tools and technologies
- Deliver regular drop-in sessions in your School to support student queries
- At the end of the initiative, write a reflective piece (or create using digital tools) what you have learned from your involvement in the Digital Champions initiative.
There will also be opportunities beyond these core tasks to get involved in the following:
- training preparation and delivery for Development Weeks. If you are interested in delivering training, you would need to be available during Development Weeks period in May (18-29 May 2020)
- conduct research into a digital learning application or tool
This list is not exhaustive and we wish very much for the role to be one where you are able to put forward suggestions for the shaping of the role for future digital champions.
How do I apply?
The Digital Champion initiative will run from 06 January 2020 to 12 June 2020. It is anticipated that the role will require a minimum of 45 hours commitment during that time period. This includes time required to complete the application process and relevant training.
To apply for the role, complete a short description on the following topic:
How a digital tool or technology has improved my experience at Queen’s
Applications can be submitted from Mon 18th Nov until Fri 13 Dec 2019. Applications will be accepted in either of the following formats:
- 300 word (max.) article, OR
- 2 min (max.) audio/video/animation
In the submission you will describe how a digital tool or technology has helped you with your studies or in your life. To submit your application online before the deadline of Fri 13 Dec 2019, simply follow the instructions in Canvas (linked below). Applicants will be informed by email by Fri 20 Dec 2019. If you have any questions related to the role or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org