We have added the SurveyMe plugin that allows you to create surveys and collect the responses into a database table or by email.
To get started activate the SurveyMe plug-in in the ‘Plugins’ menu of your ‘Dashboard’.
Creating a new form.
- Visit ‘Settings->SurveyMe->Forms’ in your admin panel.
- You create new survey forms based on an existing form (as a template) so select the form on which you wish to base your new form by using the radio buttons in the first column.
- Enter a unique name in the ‘New Forms’ field at the bottom. It is advisable to avoid special characters and to also keep the name short.
- Click Apply.
Adding the form to your site.
- Create a post or page as normal.
- Insert the text from the ‘BBCode’ column into the page where you want the form to appear, for example
- Save the page as normal.
Adding new fields to your form
- Select the ‘Field Definitions’ link next to the form you wish to edit.
- At the bottom of the list of fields there is a blank field of type ‘New Field’
- Set this to the type you want and fill in its details, example:
- Apply the changes.
- Add more as required.
- Click ‘Data Collection’ beside the form name to set how you would like the responses processed.
Closing the form
- Click the ‘General’ Link next to the form you wish to close.
- Change the status of the form to anything apart from open. Both pending and close will close the form but display different responses.